I hope you find this blog really helpful in organizing your family history research. For a deeper dive beyond the blog, you can purchase any of my Orderly Roots guides or the Paperless Genealogy Guide that I wrote with scanning expert Brooks Duncan.
But for expert, personalized help, you can hire me to work with you directly. I’ve worked as a professional organizer since 2005 and have have helped hundreds of clients organize their stuff, their paper and their lives. I’d love to work with you one-on-one to organize your genealogy research. We can work together in person (that’s especially easy if you live in St. Louis) or we can work together over the phone or Zoom. Wouldn’t you love to benefit from my unique combination of organizing and genealogy expertise tailored just for your circumstances?
I can help you with any or all of these projects:
- Set up an electronic filing system for your genealogy documents (including a consistent and easy-to-remember file naming protocol and a folder structure that will allow you to find all your documents easily)
- Scan the documents you’ve already found and file them on your hard drive so they’re easily available to you
- Create a paper filing system for your genealogy documents (though I’ll probably try to convince you to try a digital filing system instead)
- Select and set up genealogy software
- Get started with a family tree on Ancestry.com or navigate Ancestry more easily if you’re already a user (you’ll pay Ancestry directly for a subscription)
- Create a research log that will work for you
- Establish a workflow so that organizing your genealogy research becomes second nature, rather than a chore
If you have a different genealogy-organizing challenge you want help with, just ask!
For in-person sessions, I charge my regular hourly organizing fee of $125 an hour (plus travel, if you’re outside St. Louis). For phone/Skype sessions, we’ll start with a one-hour session at $125.
To get started, just shoot me an email and we can schedule a session!