I think Facebook groups are a great way to gain knowledge, ask specific questions, and stay connected. I don’t belong to any genealogy-related family Facebook groups, but I know it can be a great to meet cousins.
I’d love to hear from readers of this blog what Facebook groups you recommend. I’m hoping to learn about groups that I didn’t know about–and I’m hoping this post will help OYFH readers as well.
Here are the Facebook groups I belong to, listed in the order of frequency of my reading. (However, since Facebook puts in front of me those groups that I interact with, the order is always changing and not particularly relevant.)
- Genealogy Research Loggers (that’s the group I run, specifically about genealogy logs)
- The Genealogy Squad
- The Organized Genealogist
- Genealogy! Just Ask!
- Genealogy Organizers (specifically for professional organizers)
- Evernote Genealogists
- Technology for Genealogy
- Ancestral DNA for Dummies
- Genealogy – Cite Your Sources
- Geneabloggers Tribe
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness
- Washington State Genealogy Network
- Kentucky Genealogy Network
- St. Louis Genealogical Society
You can find any of these groups by typing their name in the Facebook search box. Some require approval.
Please let me know what groups you love and which ones I need to make sure I check out!